First Grade Picassos!

The holidays can be a very busy time in the classroom. There is still so much to teach in addition to incorporating holidays crafts, making ornaments, caroling, parties, etc. There just seems to be so much to do and so little time! But where there is a will there is ALWAYS a way!!! This week, we focused on reindeer. I must admit I enjoy teaching my students all about different types of animals because I learn as much as I teach. For example, did you know that reindeer's antlers itch? I didn't either! It is very funny observing them trying to scratch them. After learning about them, I decided we would try our hands at making a reindeer portrait (rudoph inspired with red noses)! They turned out absolutely adorable! Who knew they were such great little artists!  I originally got the idea with step by step instructions here. I decided not to use paint, just regular ole crayons, but they still turned out just as cute! Hmmm... I am thinking of framing them so that every year their parents can put these out when they decorate for Christmas.

individual portrait


Comments