Good Intentions and Fall Fun!

Well, as I am sure you well know, we are WELL into this school year and I have not posted since it began. I have the greatest of intentions, but sometimes my home life is a whirlwind and I find myself thinking about posting much more than I actually do.  I actually considered giving up blogging for my class but then I thought 1.) what was the point of me taking all these pictures then??? 2.) but you really do enjoy blogging that's why you started it to begin with, and 3.) never late is better but better late than never! :) soooooo without further ado, here is what has been going on in my class room lately. Happy fall yall!

A Trip to the Farm:
Every year the first graders at my school take a trip to a local farm. It is one they really seem to enjoy. They learn about corn, cotton, cows, horses, bees, peanuts, oranges, and compost all up close and personal. They get to taste honey, peanuts, orange juice, and chocolate milk. They get to grind corn, go through a corn maze, and pet animals. It is a really educational and fun filled day.


a quick group shot in front of the corn maze

waiting in line to go in the corn maze

waiting in line to go in the corn maze


group shot in front of the cotton field


not so easy to pick the seeds out of cotton

cute kid, cute scarecrow

so much corn to grind, so little time


learning all about peanuts

three day old calf
Chocolate milk is mmm mmm good!

Comments