100 Days Smarter!

We celebrated the 100th day of school this past Thursday. I didn't want to do "the usual" and dress up like an 100 year old, so this year I decided my class would dress up like nerds to show we were "100 days smarter!" I shared my idea with one of my BFF's fellow teachers down the hall and she decided she waned to get down and nerdy with me:

 
 
 
Several of my students got their nerdy on too:
 

 
 
We had a very fun and busy day. We started the day doing some 100th day exercises (like how many time we could clap, jump, sit down and stand back up, etc.) in 100 seconds.
 
Then we got started on our 100th day snack:
 
 
The 100th day snack was fun to make and eat!!!
 
 
 
Next, We did several 100 inspired center rotations:
 
Make a necklace with 100 fruit loops
Build a 100 cup structure
                         

Make something with 100 Legos.
 
Put together a 100 piece puzzle
 

Make a prediction about whether or not the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop could be reached in 100 licks
 
There was also a center that included writing 100 numbers and 100 words. I somehow forgot to take a picture of that one.  The students were also given a sheet to verify they had completed each center
.
 
At the end of the day, once all the centers were complete, each student was given a certificate to congratulate them for being 100 days smarter.
 


 
Oh what fun! The students had a blast and their teacher did too! At the end of the day though, although I didn't dress up to look 100, I sure was starting to feel that way!   
 
 


Comments