Now you see it, now you don't!

Well I made my first post last week, but right after I made the post I tried to update my profile and insert a profile picture. Apparently that was a big mistake. I could no longer see my page or access it. I thought that was my sign to just give up on the whole blogging idea, but hey, I'm no quitter!! After trying everything I could think of all week, I finally figured out a way to view my profile and as soon as I deleted the picture, "wah lah", my blog was back!! Boy am I happy to be back!!

Now on to the stuff this blog is all about, my classroom! This week there was another cold front.  When its really cold, we don't play outside for recess.  I decided to come up with an activity that we could incorporate the weather and play into since it seems to be the topic of much discussion lately. I made a unit available on teachers pay teachers titled "Winter Play".



First, the students were given this graphing worksheet and they answered the before question: "Do  you think more students will like to play inside or outside when it's cold?"


Next, I let each student write their name on a snowflake and graphed the results. 

 
Then, the students completed their graphs.

Next, the students were given a brainstorming worksheet.
 

Finally, the students wrote about their favorite way to play.
The kids really seemed to enjoy this activity. As they were brainstorming, I could hear them discussing why or why not playing outside or inside was better and the things they liked to do either place. You can get the writing part of this unit as a freebie here.  I wanted to give the whole unit as a freebie, however it had too many pages. So, you can get the unit that includes the graphing worksheet and graphing words for the anchor chart along with an additional sheet to write on here.  I hope you enjoy!!

Comments